Creamy, cheesy and comforting...This pasta casserole is all of these things and more! I adapted this recipe from Taste of Home a long time ago. We love it!—Kathy Heller, Colorado Springs, Colorado
- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked penne pasta
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 envelopes (1 ounce each) ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines (about 15 crackers)
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. In a Dutch oven, combine the next seven ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until cheese is melted and mixture begins to thicken. Reduce heat; fold in sour cream until blended.
- Add the ham, cracker crumbs and pasta; cook and stir until heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Ranch Ham 'N' Cheese Pasta in Light & Tasty August/September 2003, p53
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Ranch Ham 'N' Cheese Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review