Ranch Garlic Bread
"I've worked as a manager of a fast food restaurant for 12 year," relates John Palmer of Cottonwood, California. "At home, I like to cook up different things using everyday ingredients." John gives a buttery loaf of French bread plenty of flavor simply with salad dressing mix and garlic powder.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 to 3 tablespoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, halved lengthwise
- In a small bowl, combine butter, dressing mix and garlic powder; beat
- until combined. Spread over cut sides of bread. Place on a baking
- sheet. Broil 4-6-in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until golden
- brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Editor's Note: Italian salad dressing mix, taco seasoning or onion soup mix may be substituted for the ranch dressing mix.