Ranch Eggs 'n' Biscuits Recipe
In Jefferson City, Missouri, Melinda Kimlinger relies on tender homemade biscuits topped with poached eggs and a spicy sauce to wake up her family's taste buds. "My teenage son would eat the whole batch if I'd let him," she says.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 pound bacon, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 6 eggs
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. With a fork, stir in milk until the mixture forms a ball. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Roll to 1/2-in. thickness; cut out 12 biscuits with a 2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon until almost crisp; drain. Add onion and chili powder; cook until onion is tender. Stir in picante sauce and cilantro. Make six wells in picante mixture; break an egg into each. Cover and cook over medium heat until eggs are completely set. Serve over warm biscuits. Yield: 6 servings (12 biscuits).
1 each: 488 calories, 28g fat (14g saturated fat), 268mg cholesterol, 1510mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein.
Reviews for Ranch Eggs 'n' Biscuits
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC