Ranch Dressing Mix Plus Recipe
"Dry mixes like the one for this versatile dressing are great because they're so quick to prepare and save money," shares Iola Egle of McCook, Nebraska. Simple ingredients added to the basic ranch blend produce two tasty options.
- 1 cup dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup finely crushed saltines (about 15 crackers)
- 1/2 cup dried minced onion
- 1/2 cup garlic salt
- 1/2 cup onion salt
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
- 1/4 cup onion powder
- 2 tablespoons dill weed
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 cups buttermilk
- FOR THOUSAND ISLAND DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- FOR CUCUMBER DRESSING:
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and pureed
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Divide into four portions; store in airtight containers in a cool dry place. Yield: 3 cups mix (four portions of dressing mix--each portion makes 6 batches of salad dressing).
- 2. For ranch dressing: In a bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons of mix with mayonnaise and buttermilk. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 4 cups.
- 3. For Thousand Island dressing: Add chili sauce and pickle relish to 1 cup prepared ranch dressing.
- 4. For cucumber dressing: Add cucumber and celery seed to 1 cup prepared ranch dressing. Yield: 4 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 107 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 205 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC