Ranch Dressing Mix Plus Recipe
- 1 cup dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup finely crushed saltines (about 15 crackers)
- 1/2 cup dried minced onion
- 1/2 cup garlic salt
- 1/2 cup onion salt
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
- 1/4 cup onion powder
- 2 tablespoons dill weed
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 cups buttermilk
- FOR THOUSAND ISLAND DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- FOR CUCUMBER DRESSING:
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and pureed
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Divide into four portions; store in airtight containers in a cool dry place. Yield: 3 cups mix (four portions of dressing mix--each portion makes 6 batches of salad dressing).
- 2. For ranch dressing: In a bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons of mix with mayonnaise and buttermilk. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 4 cups.
- 3. For Thousand Island dressing: Add chili sauce and pickle relish to 1 cup prepared ranch dressing.
- 4. For cucumber dressing: Add cucumber and celery seed to 1 cup prepared ranch dressing. Yield: 4 cups.
2 tablespoons: 107 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 205mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Ranch Dressing Mix Plus
"This is VERY salty. Good basic recipe except I would reverse the amounts for the powders and the salts. ie...1/4 cup onion salt and 1/2 cup onion powder and the same for the garlic. Nice to have an option though since my husband cannot have regular ranch due to intolerance of MSG."
"This is a good basic recipe except it is very, very salty. Use garlic and onion powder instead of the salts, or just one of the salts."