Ranch Dressing Mix Plus Recipe
- 1 cup dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup finely crushed saltines (about 15 crackers)
- 1/2 cup dried minced onion
- 1/2 cup garlic salt
- 1/2 cup onion salt
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
- 1/4 cup onion powder
- 2 tablespoons dill weed
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 cups buttermilk
- FOR THOUSAND ISLAND DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- FOR CUCUMBER DRESSING:
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and pureed
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Divide into four portions; store in airtight containers in a cool dry place. Yield: 3 cups mix (four portions of dressing mix--each portion makes 6 batches of salad dressing).
- 2. For ranch dressing: In a bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons of mix with mayonnaise and buttermilk. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 4 cups.
- 3. For Thousand Island dressing: Add chili sauce and pickle relish to 1 cup prepared ranch dressing.
- 4. For cucumber dressing: Add cucumber and celery seed to 1 cup prepared ranch dressing. Yield: 4 cups.
2 tablespoon: 107 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 205mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Ranch Dressing Mix Plus
"This is VERY salty. Good basic recipe except I would reverse the amounts for the powders and the salts. ie...1/4 cup onion salt and 1/2 cup onion powder and the same for the garlic. Nice to have an option though since my husband cannot have regular ranch due to intolerance of MSG."
"This is a good basic recipe except it is very, very salty. Use garlic and onion powder instead of the salts, or just one of the salts."