Ranch Dressing and Dip Mix Recipe
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR DRESSING:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR DIP:
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Yield: about 6 tablespoons mix (enough to make 6 batches).
- 2. To prepare dressing: In a bowl, combine 1 tablespoon mix with mayonnaise and buttermilk; refrigerate. Yield: 2 cups.
- 3. To prepare dip: In a bowl, combine 1 tablespoon mix and sour cream; refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 1 cup.
2 tablespoons dressing: 107 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Ranch Dressing and Dip Mix
"made a few of these for friends they loved it!"
"I add the herbs to organic heavy whipping cream to substitute for Buttermilk Ranch Dressing so it's kosher. Very tasty & easy."
"Doesn't taste like ranch, but it's pretty good anyway."
"Made this for the Dip. Having the mix on hand is handy. This as a very nice flavour as previous poster says. Had many compliments on the taste. I plan on always having this mix on hand."
"This recipe has a more southwestern flavor to it than a traditional ranch, but the dressing had the tang and zest you would expect from a good ranch sauce."