Ranch Dressing and Dip Mix Recipe
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR DRESSING:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR DIP:
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Yield: about 6 tablespoons mix (enough to make 6 batches).
- 2. To prepare dressing: In a bowl, combine 1 tablespoon mix with mayonnaise and buttermilk; refrigerate. Yield: 2 cups.
- 3. To prepare dip: In a bowl, combine 1 tablespoon mix and sour cream; refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 1 cup.
2 tablespoons dressing: 107 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Ranch Dressing and Dip Mix
"I add the herbs to organic heavy whipping cream to substitute for Buttermilk Ranch Dressing so it's kosher. Very tasty & easy."
"Doesn't taste like ranch, but it's pretty good anyway."
"Made this for the Dip. Having the mix on hand is handy. This as a very nice flavour as previous poster says. Had many compliments on the taste. I plan on always having this mix on hand."
"This recipe has a more southwestern flavor to it than a traditional ranch, but the dressing had the tang and zest you would expect from a good ranch sauce."