This is a great recipe to mix up an give as gifts to friends and family. Make sure you include the extra ingredients and instructions!—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Recommended: 19 Recipes for Homemade Salad Dressing
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR DRESSING:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR DIP:
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Yield: about 6 tablespoons mix.
- To prepare dressing: In a bowl, combine 1 tablespoon mix with mayonnaise and buttermilk; refrigerate. Yield: 2 cups.
- To prepare dip: In a bowl, combine 1 tablespoon mix an sour cream; refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 1 cup.
Originally published as Ranch Dressing and Dip Mix in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p50
Reviews for Ranch Dip and Dressing Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 11, 2010
"a little too much onion for my "ranch" taste."