Ranch Chicken Wings
“My family loved a local restaurant’s chicken wings, but when we tried to make them at home, we couldn’t figure out how to get their ranch flavor right,” recalls Jennifer Bender of Venice, Florida. “When I found a dried dressing mix, I knew it would be perfect for the wings.”
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound chicken wings
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tips. Place flour
- in a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken wings, a few at a
- time, and shake to coat.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry
- chicken wings, a few at a time, for 8 minutes or until golden brown
- and crispy and juices run clear, turning occasionally. Drain on
- paper towels.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the dressing mix, garlic,
- salt and pepper; add chicken wings, a few at a time, and shake to
- coat. Place chicken in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining salad dressing mixture. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 8-10 minutes or until coating is set. Yield: 1 dozen.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as