I'm a wife and mother of two girls, and my weeknights are busy. So I rely on quick meals like this flavorful main-dish salad. It's a snap to saute the seasoned chicken strips and toss them with salad greens and shredded cheese. Topped with corn chips and an easy dressing, this is one hurry-up meal the whole family enjoys.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) ready-to-serve salad
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup ranch salad dressing
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup corn chips or crushed tortilla chips
- Sprinkle chicken with chili powder. In a skillet, cook chicken in oil for 6 minutes or until the juices run clear. Meanwhile, place salad greens in a large bowl or on individual plates. Top with cheese and chicken. Combine salad dressing and salsa; drizzle over chicken. Top with chips. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Ranch Chicken Salad in Quick Cooking September/October 1998, p29
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Ranch Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review