Ranch Chicken and Cheddar Salad Recipe
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) spring mix salad greens
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat. Place chicken on a greased broiler pan. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear.
- 2. Meanwhile, divide salad greens among four dinner plates. Top each with celery, carrots, apple and cheese. Cut chicken into strips; arrange over salads. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast half with about 3 cups salad equals 320 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 784 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Reviews for Ranch Chicken and Cheddar Salad
"I only used 1 bag of spring mix and some iceburger letuce. We are not into the spring mix too much but this was great. Hubby even took left overs for lunch the next day. Will use again."
"Takes the bland away from chicken, crisp, fresh, and filling. Thank you for sharing the recipe."
"First made this in April and since then it has been on the weekly menu about every other week! Easy to make and just delicious!!"
"We all loved this salad. I doubled it and was so glad I did! Made a great supper"
"I really liked this salad. My husband, is not much of a salad eater, even took some leftovers for lunch! I really like that it is so easy and quick."
"I really like this salad, but I omitted the celery. The chicken is very flavorful and the apples offer a sweet contrast to the chicken. I recommend it!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.