Serving salad for dinner tonight is anything but skimpy. There's chicken and cheese in every bite, and celery and apples give it a great crunch. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) spring mix salad greens
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat. Place chicken on a greased broiler pan. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, divide salad greens among four dinner plates. Top each with celery, carrots, apple and cheese. Cut chicken into strips; arrange over salads. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ranch Chicken Salad in Simple & Delicious March/April 2009, p11
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Ranch Chicken and Cheddar Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review