Ranch Chicken 'n' Rice Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1. Place rice in a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the milk, water and salad dressing mix; set aside 1/4 cup. Pour remaining mixture over rice. Top with chicken strips. Drizzle with butter and reserved milk mixture.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until rice is tender and chicken is no longer pink. Sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Ranch Chicken 'n' Rice
"This recipe is fantastic, it's really simple and tastes amazing. The first time and I covered it (I used my deep covered baker and lid), so it didn't cook at ALL once the timer rang.However if leave it uncovered, it really does taste amazing and it cooks in the allotted time. The person that gave it one star must have had a similar problem and didn't know how to fix it (just uncover it and add a bit more milk, cook a bit longer)."
"I've made this recipe several times, with great reviews from those who ate it. Making it again tomorrow night again only with brown rice this time. Yum!!"
"This was a wonderful dish, my family really liked it. the person who 1 starred this because it wasn't cooked- I just am having trouble believing this. Any chickent breast will cook at this temp assuming it was thawed, deboned etc. Anyway, sad to see such a great recipe get a low star, for such a thing, since its hardly a typical issue."
"My family loved this recipe. I did use instant brown rice so I should have added more liquid but otherwise it had a great flavor."
"Cooked for twice as long as it said, still not done - looked done at 50 minutes and so I took a bite of raw chicken. Gross. Threw the whole thing out. Never again."