Ranch Beans Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) dried pinto beans
- 1 quart water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 to 3 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1. Place beans in a Dutch oven or soup kettle; add water to cover by 2 in. Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 1 hour. Drain, discarding liquid. Return beans to pan; add 1 qt. water. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until beans are tender. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 1-1/2 hours longer. Yield: 6-8 servings.
3/4 cup: 222 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 328mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 16g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Ranch Beans
"Your cooking times are a little short. I pre-soak for 24 hours before starting this one. This makes cooking time a little shorter, but not as short as yours.Legumes are my favorite and the reds are best for me, I do however like them all."
"While we like spicy food and the spice combination in this recipe really appealed to us, the beans seems to be lacking the flavor we usually like with our beans."