Loaded with beans, peppers, tomatoes and corn, this hearty, colorful chili is sure to be a family hit. “I often take it to potlucks and always come home with an empty pot!” Nancy Foreman - East Wenatchee, Washington
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 each small sweet orange, red and yellow peppers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) tomato juice
- 1-1/3 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onion and peppers over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve desired amount of chili. Cool remaining chili; transfer to freezer containers. Cover and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen chili: Thaw in the refrigerator. Place in a saucepan; heat through. Yield: 8 servings (3 quarts).
Originally published as Ranch Bean Chili in Simple & Delicious March/April 2009, p65
Reviews for Ranch Bean Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review