Ramen-Veggie Chicken Salad Recipe
Like a salad with plenty of crunch? Then, this refreshing recipe from Linda Gearhart of Greensboro, North Carolina is sure to please. Toasted noodles, almonds and sesame seeds provide the crunchy topping.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 package (3 ounces) ramen noodles
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half (6 ounces)
- 4 cups shredded Chinese or napa cabbage
- 1/2 large sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, oil, vinegar and soy sauce. Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 1 minute or until sugar is dissolved; set aside to cool.
- 2. Meanwhile, break noodles into small pieces (save seasoning packet for another use). In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add the noodles, almonds and sesame seeds; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- 3. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- 4. Meanwhile, arrange the cabbage, red pepper, onions and carrot on two serving plates. Slice chicken; place on salad. Top with noodle mixture; drizzle with dressing. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 857 calories, 53g fat (11g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 584mg sodium, 67g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 7g fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Ramen-Veggie Chicken Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC