- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 package (3 ounces) ramen noodles
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half (6 ounces)
- 4 cups shredded Chinese or napa cabbage
- 1/2 large sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, oil, vinegar and soy sauce. Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 1 minute or until sugar is dissolved; set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, break noodles into small pieces (save seasoning packet for another use). In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add the noodles, almonds and sesame seeds; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Meanwhile, arrange the cabbage, red pepper, onions and carrot on two serving plates. Slice chicken; place on salad. Top with noodle mixture; drizzle with dressing. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Ramen-Veggie Chicken Salad in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008, p31
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Ramen-Veggie Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Asian Recipes >
- Asian Salad Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- BBQ Chicken Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Salad Recipes >
- Chicken Salads >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Grilled Chicken Recipes >
- Grilled Salads >