Ramen-Vegetable Beef Skillet
“This combination of ingredients is unique and flavorful.” The whole gang will enjoy this hearty, colorful meal-in-one. Marlene McAllister - Portland, Michigan
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 3/4 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 package (3 ounces) beef ramen noodles
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, carrots and onion over medium heat
- until meat is no longer pink and carrots are crisp-tender; drain.
- Add the water, cabbage, mushrooms, green pepper, soy sauce and the
- contents of seasoning packet from the noodles. Break noodles into
- small pieces; add to pan. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until
- liquid is absorbed and noodles are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 379 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 1,202 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or