Ramen-Vegetable Beef Skillet Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 3/4 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 package (3 ounces) beef ramen noodles
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, carrots and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and carrots are crisp-tender; drain.
- 2. Add the water, cabbage, mushrooms, green pepper, soy sauce and the contents of seasoning packet from the noodles. Break noodles into small pieces; add to pan. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and noodles are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 379 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 1202mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Ramen-Vegetable Beef Skillet
"I made this with what i had on hand: beef, onion, carrots, soy sauce and Ramen noodles. It was surprisingly flavorful."
"We left out the mushrooms and it was just like eating a cabbage roll in a bowl. My family loved it and this recipe will definitely stay on our menu."
"I love this recipe. I've been making it since I found it in TofH several years ago. It is a family favorite!"
"Tastes great and very easy to make, used ground venison"
"ever so simple and a pleasing meal for everyone. a keeper for those days when cooking feels like a chore."
"My family likes this. I add in extra of each of the vegetables listed."
"I could have maybe used a little bit more spice, but it was a good, quick meal!"
"I added ginger and garlic (figured it could only make it better) used twice as much ramen, water and shredded cabbage (bag of cole slaw mix). It was great! Will definitely modify further. The water chestnuts & snow peas look like a great idea."
"We weren't too crazy about this one. Pretty bland. My husband squirted ketchup all over his just to give it some flavor. It was certainly missing something....."
"This was great! I can't use the flavor packet included with the ramen noodles because I'm allergic to msg, so I substituted beef broth for the water. It turned out great. My family loved it and requested that we have it again soon.Thanks for the recipe."
"This is quite versatile. I used more cabbage (purchased shredded) and added snow peas. I think the water chestnuts would be a good add, too. Very easy and everyone loved it!"
"I make this a little different. Using 2 packages of beef ramen, 2 cups of water and one bag of california medley vegetables and a splash of ginger! Omitting the onion, carrots and cabbage."