Ramen Noodle Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) ramen noodles
- 1-1/2 cups hot water
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch strips
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 large green pepper, cubed
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1 small tomato, cut into wedges
- 1. In a bowl, place noodles in hot water for 2 minutes; drain and set aside. Discard seasoning package or save for another use. In a large nonstick skillet, stir-fry chicken in 1 teaspoon oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. Stir-fry the green pepper, onion and garlic in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Add the chicken, broth, soy sauce, seasoning blend and noodles; toss gently. Add tomato; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
One serving (2 cups) equals 419 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 590 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 3 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Ramen Noodle Stir-Fry
"Nice, tasty, quick meal for my husband and I. I like the idea about using the seasoning packet instead of broth and will try that next time."
"This is a really quick and easy meal. I just used the seasoning package with 1/2 cup of water instead of the chicken broth."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.