Ramen Noodle Stir-Fry
This mildly flavored stir-fry combines tender strips of chicken with vegetables and popular ramen noodles. "I came up with this recipe when I wanted a quick-fix meal for myself," shares Dawn Boothe of Lynn Haven, Florida. "Sometimes I change the vegetables or substitute ground turkey for the chicken."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (3 ounces) ramen noodles
- 1-1/2 cups hot water
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch strips
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 large green pepper, cubed
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1 small tomato, cut into wedges
- In a bowl, place noodles in hot water for 2 minutes; drain and set
- aside. Discard seasoning package or save for another use. In a large
- nonstick skillet, stir-fry chicken in 1 teaspoon oil until no longer
- pink. Remove and keep warm. Stir-fry the green pepper, onion and
- garlic in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Add the chicken, broth,
- soy sauce, seasoning blend and noodles; toss gently. Add tomato;
- heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (2 cups) equals 419 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 590 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber,