Ramen Noodle Salad with Sweet 'n' Sour Dressing
Dolores Brignac's family was skeptical the first time she served this unusual salad-but one taste convinced them it was a winner. "Now when I bring it out, everyone digs in and cleans their plates," she pens from Braithwaite, Louisiana.
14-16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (3 ounces) ramen noodles
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Break noodles into small pieces (save seasoning envelope for another
- use). In a skillet over medium heat, saute noodles and walnuts in
- butter for 5-6 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, broccoli, tomatoes and
- onions. Place dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor;
- cover and process until sugar is dissolved. Add dressing and noodle
- mixture to salad; toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield:
- 14-16 servings.