Ramen Corn Chowder
“Ramen Corn Chowder tastes as good as if it simmered for hours, but it’s ready in 15 minutes,” writes field editor Darlene Brenden of Salem, Oregon. “I thought the original recipe was lacking in flavor, so I jazzed it up with extra corn and bacon bits.”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups water
- 1 package (3 ounces) chicken ramen noodles
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Break noodles into large
- pieces. Add noodles and contents of seasoning packet to water.
- Reduce heat to medium. Cook, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until
- noodles are tender.
- Stir in the corn, cream-style corn, milk, onion and curry; heat
- through. Stir in the cheese, bacon and parsley until blended. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 333 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 1,209 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 13 g protein.