I like to serve this microwaved meal with egg rolls and fortune cookies for a fun, Asian-themed "easy cooking night." —Judy Wilken, Ham Lake, Minnesota
- 1 package (3 ounces) chicken ramen noodles
- 1-1/2 cups frozen California-blend vegetables, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Set aside seasoning packet from the noodles. In a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the noodles, frozen vegetables, celery, peas and water. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until noodles and vegetables are tender, stirring once.
- Place chicken in another microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Stir chicken into noodle mixture.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, oil, contents of seasoning packet, sugar and pepper flakes. Pour over chicken mixture. Microwave, uncovered, on high 45 seconds longer or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Ramen Chicken Dinner in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008, p10
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Ramen Chicken Dinner
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review