- 1 package (3 ounces) chicken ramen noodles
- 1-1/2 cups frozen California-blend vegetables, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Set aside seasoning packet from the noodles. In a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the noodles, frozen vegetables, celery, peas and water. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until noodles and vegetables are tender, stirring once.
- Place chicken in another microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Stir chicken into noodle mixture.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, oil, contents of seasoning packet, sugar and pepper flakes. Pour over chicken mixture. Microwave, uncovered, on high 45 seconds longer or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Ramen Chicken Dinner
"way too much sodium .. also much better cooked on stove and not microwave"
"What would the directions be if not cooked in the microwave?"
"I nixed the seasoning packet & added a tables. of Hunan sauce. Great."
"Simple, cheap, and delicious. The whole family loved it. That's the kind of recipes I love for busy weeknights."
"This was quick and easy to make busy nights. Plus, there was no leftovers left"
"Did anyone notice the Sodium in this dish? It will surely kill you! Geesh! This was horrible. I should have known as as soon as I tasted it, it tasted like the dorm dishes I used to make in University."
"Microwaves vary in wattage so the times are always approximate inmy opinion. It takes six minutes to cook ramen noodles in mine. My DGS loved this even if he did pick out the broccoli. I did not add the red pepper flakes but would use them if I was fixing for adults."
"Very good except...the noodles did not get done!!???"
"I buy sodium free chicken instant broth & seasoning by Herb Ox. I use that in place of the seasoning pack in the ramen noodles."