Ramen Broccoli Soup
Cheese and garlic powder are the secret to this tasty and heartwarming soup. Loaded with noodles, it hits the spot on cool winter days. Luella Dirks - Emelle, Alabama
7 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 5 cups water
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli cuts
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) chicken ramen noodles
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 slices process American cheese, cut into strips
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add broccoli; return to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Return to a boil.
- Break noodles into small pieces; add to water. Cook 3 minutes
- longer, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat. Add the garlic powder, cheese and contents of
- seasoning packets from the noodles; stir until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately. Yield: 7 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 150 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 573 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.