- 5 cups water
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli cuts
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) chicken ramen noodles
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 slices process American cheese, cut into strips
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add broccoli; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Return to a boil. Break noodles into small pieces; add to water. Cook 3 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat. Add the garlic powder, cheese and contents of seasoning packets from the noodles; stir until cheese is melted. Serve immediately. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Ramen Broccoli Soup
"Not great, but if you are in a financial pinch it will do."
"Made this recipe many times. Adjusted it for additional servings and added extra noodles and cheese. Sometimes add cubed ham. Kids love it."
"Oh my, not often do I throw something out, but I had to with this. I even added more liquid, but by the time it sat for a few min. all the liquid was gone and it was mush with NO flavor."
"A little runny for my tastes, but it is really easy to make."
"I've made this a number of times and used different vegetables each time. It's always delicious and my family loves it. I triple the recipe to feed my large family and it's still very inexpensive!"
"Easy and tasty. When I made it the color of the broccoli bled into the soup and made it look less appetizing. My daughter who doesn't cook much wanted me to find the recipe so she can make it."