Raisins and Rice Pudding
In her Havre, Montana kitchen, Mary Brown turns vanilla pudding mix and just four other ingredients into this no-fuss stovetop treat. "We also like it after it has chilled a bit," she suggests.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1 package (4.6 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large saucepan, bring milk and rice to a boil over medium heat.
- Whisk in dry pudding mix; cook and stir for 1 minute or until
- thickened. Remove from the heat; fold in raisins. Cover and let
- stand for 5 minutes. Spoon into individual dessert bowls. Sprinkle
- with cinnamon. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 258 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 218 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.