Raisins and Rice Pudding Recipe
In her Havre, Montana kitchen, Mary Brown turns vanilla pudding mix and just four other ingredients into this no-fuss stovetop treat. "We also like it after it has chilled a bit," she suggests.
- 3-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 package (4.6 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large saucepan, bring milk and rice to a boil over medium heat. Whisk in dry pudding mix; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat; fold in raisins. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Spoon into individual dessert bowls. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Raisins and Rice Pudding in Light & Tasty April/May 2005, p33
Reviews for Raisins and Rice Pudding(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Easy Rice Pudding Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >