- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup raisins
- CINNAMON FROSTING:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 to 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, oil and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Stir in zucchini and raisins. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy. Beat in the confectioners' sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and enough milk to achieve a spreading consistency. Frost cupcakes. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Raisin-Zucchini Spice Cupcakes
Sort By :
"Two thumbs up! From 3 teenage boys stuffing these cupcakes in their mouth. I did cut back on the liquid because wanted more of a muffin feel vs a cupcake feel and to compensate for some extra zucchini. Flavor, texture and appearance is great."
"DELICIOUS!!! All my favorite flavors in one place! Even my fiance who said he hates zucchini ate these! : ) Definitely a keeper!"
"I did not like the spices that came across in this cake. I think it may be the cake mix as well as the frosting which I did not like. Although I made these yesterday and they look just like the picture, nobody has really touched them, unlike the chocolate zucchini cupcakes I made the day before which were gone."
"My mom liked to have muffins with coffee in the morning so I was always looking for new recipes. These were a big hit wiht her and me."
"I have made these 3 time and they are so good. I used eggbeaters each time to save a few calories. I have given several away to friends and they all loved them. They are so easy to make."