Raisin-Zucchini Spice Cupcakes Recipe
“We were out of flour one night when I wanted to make zucchini muffins, so I used a box of spice cake mix instead. They're a huge hit with the kids and my husband.” —Tracy Scherer, Climax, Michigan
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling YIELD:24 servings
- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup raisins
- CINNAMON FROSTING:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 to 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, oil and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Stir in zucchini and raisins. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. For frosting, in a small bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy. Beat in the confectioners' sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and enough milk to achieve a spreading consistency. Frost cupcakes. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 cupcake equals 183 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 188 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC