Raisin Whole Wheat Quick Bread Recipe
- 5 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups butter, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1 package (15 ounces) golden raisins
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the milk, butter and honey. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the carrots, raisins, dates, almonds and pecans.
- 2. Transfer to three greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 loaves (12 slices each).
1 slice equals 252 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 167 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Raisin Whole Wheat Quick Bread
"Can just one large pan like cast iron be used?"
"I substituted raisins and cranberries for part of the golden raisins for a little more variety"
"I tried this recipe yesterday for the first time. The results were great! I'm looking forward to having this bread (with butter, of course) for breakfast this week. I would definitely recommend it."