Raisin Whole Wheat Quick Bread Recipe
This delicious recipe has been a family favorite for many years. We especially enjoy it during the holidays. Once you bake this, you can’t resist fixing it again and again.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling YIELD:36 servings
- 5 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups butter, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1 package (15 ounces) golden raisins
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the milk, butter and honey. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the carrots, raisins, dates, almonds and pecans.
- 2. Transfer to three greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 loaves (12 slices each).
1 slice equals 252 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 167 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC