- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup boiling water
- 4 cups chopped unpeeled red apples
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 tablespoons sugar, optional
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Place raisins in a small bowl; add boiling water. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Drain.
- In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Stir in celery and raisins. Combine the yogurt, pudding mix and sugar substitute if desired; pour over apple mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Just before serving, stir in walnuts. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Raisin-Walnut Waldorf Salad in Taste of Home February/March 2004, p21
Reviews for Raisin-Walnut Waldorf Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 25, 2011
"I would only make it again by skipping the pudding mix or the sugar. It was way too sweet. Use one or the other but not both! Also would add more celery next time."