"I enjoy playing around with recipes, trying to create tastes that I like without sacrificing my diabetic diet," shares Jean Mabis of Shumway, Illinois. A creamy pudding-and-yogurt dressing drapes this healthy updated version of the traditional Waldorf salad.
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup boiling water
- 4 cups chopped unpeeled red apples
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 tablespoons sugar, optional
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Place raisins in a small bowl; add boiling water. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Drain.
- In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Stir in celery and raisins. Combine the yogurt, pudding mix and sugar substitute if desired; pour over apple mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Just before serving, stir in walnuts. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Raisin-Walnut Waldorf Salad in Taste of Home February/March 2004, p21
Reviews for Raisin-Walnut Waldorf Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review