- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup boiling water
- 4 cups chopped unpeeled red apples
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 tablespoons sugar, optional
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Place raisins in a small bowl; add boiling water. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Drain.
- In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Stir in celery and raisins. Combine the yogurt, pudding mix and sugar substitute if desired; pour over apple mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Just before serving, stir in walnuts. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Raisin-Walnut Waldorf Salad
"Great salad, refreshing and was a hit with our Easter dinner guests. I only used 1/2 of the dressing and I added red and green grapes. Served in a lettuce bowl and added fresh strawberries all around."
"I would only make it again by skipping the pudding mix or the sugar. It was way too sweet. Use one or the other but not both! Also would add more celery next time."