Raisin Waldorf Salad Recipe
“I came up with this scrumptious apple salad while experimenting with leftover dessert ingredients one day,” laughs Diana Stucky from her Castle Rock, Colorado home. “Friends have said it's the best salad they've ever eaten!” Tip: Sprinkle cinnamon over the salad just before serving.
- 3 tablespoons spreadable cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons whipped topping
- 1 large unpeeled red apple, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sliced celery
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise, confectioners' sugar and whipped topping until blended. Stir in the apple, raisins, pecans and celery. Transfer to a serving bowl. Chill for 1 hour. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Raisin Waldorf Salad in Cooking for 2 Fall 2005, p35
Reviews for Raisin Waldorf Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2011
My family loved this new version of a waldorf salad. They prefer to have the apple peeled, but other than that, I used the recipe as written.