Raisin Sweet Potato Cookies Recipe
Cozy up to the fire with a plate of satisfyingly sweet cookies that taste like home. Side them with a mug of hot chai tea or ice-cold milk, and no one will be able to resist them. —Jacque Sue Meyer, Lohman, Missouri
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:60 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup raisins
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, sweet potato and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and allspice; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in pecans and raisins.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5 dozen.
1 cookie equals 81 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 61 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC