Raisin Sweet Potato Bread Recipe
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1-1/2 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. In another large bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, oil, eggs and vanilla; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raisins.
- 2. Transfer to two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
1 slice: 168 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 99mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Raisin Sweet Potato Bread
"this was perfect after Thanksgiving, when I had just enough left over sweet potatos so make the recipe- Using self rising flour made it easy. It was very moist and mildly flavored. I had jumbo raisens on hand. I think I may flour the pans next time."