- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1-1/2 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. In another large bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, oil, eggs and vanilla; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raisins.
- Transfer to two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Originally published as Raisin Sweet Potato Bread in Country Extra November 2003, p51
Reviews for Raisin Sweet Potato Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review