Raisin Surprise Pudding
A helping of this old-fashioned dessert reveals a sweet raisin sauce hidden inside.
9 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream
- In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, milk and salt;
- stir until well blended. Spread evenly in a lightly greased 9-in.
- square baking dish. in a saucepan, combine raisins, brown sugar,
- water and butter. Bring to a boil. Stir in vanilla. Pour gently over
- flour mixture. Do not stir. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Serve
- warm with whipped cream. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 308 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 149 mg sodium, 70 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.