In Boulder, Colorado, Ruth Marie Lyons turns yellow cake mix into this nicely spiced dessert. "My husband's aunt gave me the recipe several years ago," she recalls. "Each time I bring it to work, everyone enthusiastically consumes every crumb."
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 to 1 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in raisins. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with pecans. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Raisin-Spice Snack Cake in Quick Cooking January/February 2005, p49
Reviews for Raisin-Spice Snack Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review