Raisin-Spice Snack Cake Recipe
In Boulder, Colorado, Ruth Marie Lyons turns yellow cake mix into this nicely spiced dessert. "My husband's aunt gave me the recipe several years ago," she recalls. "Each time I bring it to work, everyone enthusiastically consumes every crumb."
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 to 1 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in raisins. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with pecans. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 325 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 335 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Raisin-Spice Snack Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC