- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 to 1 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in raisins. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with pecans. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Raisin-Spice Snack Cake
"Very flavorful and moist! Love the mixture of spices with pecans!"
"i make this at least once a week with a yellow gluten free mix. Very easy and tasty and I dont feel deprived. this has turned out to be a family fav."
"I'd made this recipe a # of times and added 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips mixed with 1/8 c. all-purpose flour to the batter! This recipe has proved to be among my favorites to prepare! I used 1 package of COOK 'N SERVE butterscotch pudding mix since I'd had it available, but I didn't cook the pudding-I just added this mix to the cake mix! In fact, I prepared this cake 5/3/14 & I used a package (18-1/4-oz. spice cake mix, but still added the spices called for in the recipe for this cake!) I used 1/2 cup each of raisins and chopped pecans/walnuts as well! Rather than sprinkle with pecans, I just used them in the batter & I used 1/8 cup all-purpose flour in batter so that the chips/raisins/nuts wouldn't sink to bottom of the batter. I greased and floured a 13x9x2" baking pan and I baked cake at 350o F. for 45 minutes. I beat the batter 5 minutes at medium speed to ensure a well-blended cake batter!Thank you, Ruth Marie Lyons, for sharing this recipe with Quick Cooking! This recipe is a keeper in my book and one of my favorite recipes to prepare when I would like to whip up something quick! delowenstein"