Raisin Snack Cake Recipe
Ana Colon in Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin enjoys whipping up a batch of these down-home delicious raisin bars for breakfast, coffee breaks or dessert. “They couldn’t be much quicker or easier to make,” she says.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling YIELD:8 servings
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Place the raisins in a bowl; cover with boiling water. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain and set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add egg and vanilla; beat just until blended. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture. Stir in raisins.
- 3. Pour into an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 106 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC