- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon maple flavoring
- Vanilla ice cream
- With a serrated knife, cut pound cake in half widthwise; cut one half into four slices and set aside to thaw. Freeze remaining cake for another use.
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; stir in water until smooth. Add raisins. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and maple flavoring. Top each slice of cake with a scoop of ice cream; drizzle with raisin sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Raisin Sauce for Pound Cake in Simple & Delicious January/February 2008, p21
Reviews for Raisin Sauce for Pound Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review