Raisin Sauce for Ham Recipe
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, cornstarch and mustard. Stir in the water, raisins, vinegar, lemon juice and peel until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in butter until melted. Serve warm over sliced ham. Yield: 2 cups.
Reviews for Raisin Sauce for Ham(3)
Sort By :
I have been using this recipe for a couple years. It has become a family favorite and a tradition to serve this sauce with holiday ham dinners. Delicious!
Delicious recipe! Mine came out brown, like gravy, perhaps because I had dark brown sugar? Very easy to make.
Very awesome recipe!! I added Craisins because I didn't have raisins and it was teriffic!!!