Raisin Sauce for Baked Ham
Here's a recipe I discovered in my mother's recipe collection. It's a thick, flavorful old-fashioned sauce that's perfect any time of year.Cheryl Holland, Ortonville, Michigan
100 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 12 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup ground mustard
- 3/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 6 cups raisins
- 6 cups vinegar
- 6-1/2 quarts water
- In a Dutch oven, combine brown sugar, mustard and flour; mix well.
- Fold in the raisins. Stir in vinegar and water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until
- mixture is like syrup, stirring occasionally. Serve over hot baked
- ham slices. Yield: 100 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/3 cup) equals 134 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 11 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.