Raisin Rye Muffins
Honey and raisins offer a hint of sweetness in each bite of these wholesome muffins. Best of all, they are egg-, wheat- and milk-free, so they are wonderful for people with food allergies.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup rye flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Combine the water, honey and oil; stir into dry ingredients just
- until moistened. Fold in raisins.
- Fill six muffin cups coated with cooking spray two-thirds full. Bake
- at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve
- warm. Yield: 6 muffins.
Nutritional Facts: 1 muffin equals 160 calories, 5 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 234 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.