Raisin Rye Bread Recipe
In Amite, Louisiana, Audrey Lanier relies on her bread machine to fix this moist dark brown loaf. Satisfying slices get plenty of flavor from aniseed, caraway and fennel, along with bursts of sweetness from the raisins.
- 1 cup warm 2% milk (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup rye flour
- 2-3/4 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon aniseed
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the first 11 ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose light crust color and loaf size if available.
- 2. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 3. Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add the raisins, aniseed, caraway and fennel. Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds, 16 servings).
1 slice: 172 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 233mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Raisin Rye Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC