- 1 cup warm 2% milk (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup rye flour
- 2-3/4 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon aniseed
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- In bread machine pan, place the first 11 ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose light crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add the raisins, aniseed, caraway and fennel. Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds, 16 servings).
Originally published as Raisin Rye Bread in Quick Cooking November/December 2001, p58
Reviews for Raisin Rye Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review