Raisin Ricotta Bread with Chive Butter Recipe
With golden raisins and ricotta cheese, this loaf is distinctive. Don’t skip the accompanying herb butter — it’s the crowning touch.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped golden raisins
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon unsalted sunflower kernels, toasted, divided
- CHIVE BUTTER:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 teaspoons minced chives
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in the raisins. In a large bowl, whisk the egg, ricotta cheese, oil, cream and honey. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened; fold in 1/4 cup sunflower seeds.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pan (pan will be full). Sprinkle with remaining sunflower seeds.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 38-42 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- 4. Meanwhile, combine butter and chives. Serve with warm bread. Yield: 1 mini loaf (6 slices) and 1/4 cup butter.
1 slice with 2 teaspoons chive-butter: 406 calories, 26g fat (9g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 270mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein .
Reviews for Raisin Ricotta Bread with Chive Butter
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC