With golden raisins and ricotta cheese, this loaf is distinctive. Don’t skip the accompanying herb butter — it’s the crowning touch.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped golden raisins
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon unsalted sunflower kernels, toasted, divided
- CHIVE BUTTER:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 teaspoons minced chives
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in the raisins. In a large bowl, whisk the egg, ricotta cheese, oil, cream and honey. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened; fold in 1/4 cup sunflower seeds.
- Transfer to a greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pan (pan will be full). Sprinkle with remaining sunflower seeds.
- Bake at 350° for 38-42 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, combine butter and chives. Serve with warm bread. Yield: 1 mini loaf (6 slices) and 1/4 cup butter.
Originally published as Raisin Ricotta Bread with Chive Butter in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2012, p45
Reviews for Raisin Ricotta Bread with Chive Butter
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review