Raisin Pumpkin Bread Recipe
My family loves pumpkin bread, so I'm always looking for new ways to make it. My husband and daughter think this variation is the best. —Naomi Henderson, Ashburn, Virginia
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Beat in the eggs, pumpkin, syrup, orange juice and peel; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and cloves; add to creamed mixture just until blended. Fold in raisins and pecans.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean and top is golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 slice: 205 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Raisin Pumpkin Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC