Raisin Pumpkin Bread Recipe
My family loves pumpkin bread, so I'm always looking for new ways to make it. My husband and daughter think this variation is the best. —Naomi Henderson, Ashburn, Virginia
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min. YIELD:16 servings
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Beat in the eggs, pumpkin, syrup, orange juice and peel; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and cloves; add to creamed mixture just until blended. Fold in raisins and pecans.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean and top is golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 205 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC