My family loves pumpkin bread, so I'm always looking for new ways to make it. My husband and daughter think this variation is the best. —Naomi Henderson, Ashburn, Virginia
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Beat in the eggs, pumpkin, syrup, orange juice and peel; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and cloves; add to creamed mixture just until blended. Fold in raisins and pecans.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean and top is golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf.
Originally published as Raisin Pumpkin Bread in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p52
Reviews for Raisin Pumpkin Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review