Raisin Pumpkin Bars Recipe
These moist bars will keep well—if your family doesn't eat them all right away! They're nice to take to a potluck supper or for a snack or dessert anytime.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the sugar, pumpkin, oil and eggs. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and cloves; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Stir in raisins and nuts.
- 2. Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For frosting, combine the butter, cream cheese, milk and vanilla in a bowl; beat until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Spread over bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 297 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 184 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC